Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temperature of CPU

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MattthewB

MattthewB

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hi,

Speccy and HWINFO shows that my CPU temperature is hovering between 105+120 degrees celcius, however my laptop does not feel particularly hot underneath or on top as it has done in the past during gaming sessions. At the moment I'm also not doing anything very intensive just light web browsing and the AMD System Monitor shows that the CPU usage is below 30% for all four cores. Any ideas on reason for such high temperatures? Possible sensor malfunction? 

Specs:

HP Envy m6-1302sa

CPU: AMD A10 Quad Core

AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 7600M Dual Graphics

4GB RAM

Any assistance is much appreciated! :)

Edited by MattthewB, 29 June 2015 - 10:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:39 AM

Is this temp change sudden?  OR has it been creeping up over (recent) time.

Put in CoreTemp & see what it says.

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

#3 MattthewB

MattthewB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

Tried CoreTemp but it didn't show a temperature reading and my processor is not on the list of compatible processors so that's probably why.

As to whether it is a recent issue or not I'm not too sure, I've never been too conscious of checking the temperature while using until around a week ago when my laptop got ridiculously hot during a long gaming session but I just put it down to not having used it for more everyday tasks (browsing, watching vids etc.) for well over a month. Since then I have kept an eye on it checking it every now and then and noticed that it's been rather hot, however whilst writing this it is closer to the 80-85 degrees Celsius mark.

Also, in the sensor status in HWINFO there is a temperature reading for 'CPU 0' and for 'CPU Package' - CPU 0 tends to hover between 30-50 degrees whilst CPU Package is where the higher temps come from, which should I go by? I've always just went by CPU Package as Speccy also gives a similar reading.

I've attached a screenshot of HWINFO to show what I mean

Thanks for the help

Attached Files

#4 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:02 PM

Matthew,

There are cooling pads that are inexpensive which one can place under laptops.  I would, also, think about dirt, dust & blocked airflow.  Vents need to be clear.  I use CoreTemp which shows the temps for each CPU core; doesn't give this Core Package.  The lower #s of CPU 0 are, certainly, fine for the individual cores.

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users