Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cyber security courses for beginners - looking for feedback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andrazaharia

andrazaharia

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hello everyone!

I've been using the good advice posted on the forums for a while now, so now I'm coming to ask a bit of help from the community.

Briefly, me and a friend have created a cyber security course for beginners, focusing on offering practical and actionable lessons for Internet users worldwide.

The course helps beginners in cyber security learn about the basics of information security and a bit about data privacy as well.

I'd like to kindly ask those of you who are interested in such a course and have a few minutes to spare if you could share some feedback on it, because I feel that there's a lot of room for improvement.

For example, I believe that some lessons are too long, but I'm not sure which parts I should leave out, because I don't want to cut out something useful. Also, other lessons seem like they could use more examples.

I should mention that the course is delivered via email - a new lesson every 2 days.

Thanks in advance for anyone who will pitch in with ideas and feedback! I really appreciate it!

PS: If you have other courses for beginners in mind, it would be great if you could share them as well, since well structured resources for them are quite difficult to find.
I'm still learning from how things are put together myself, so it would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JeanAroni

JeanAroni

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:48 AM

Could you provide bullet points of the topics. So that I have an idea what are you offering?? Please!

#3 andrazaharia

andrazaharia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hi!

Of course!

About the subjects of each lesson, here's what we covered so far:
- security basics
- fundamental security vocabulary
- security myths
- password security
- choosing a good AV and other products to go with it
- how to stop and solve a system vulnerability
- wi-fi security
- email security
- social media security
- cloud security
-protection from identity threats
- detect a cyber attack
- keeping kids and parents safe online while browsing the web
- common sense security practices.

If you were a cyber security beginner, what else would you like to learn?

Also, if you want to review the lessons, just let me know and I'll share the contents.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users