Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes And Quicktime Problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chanyang

chanyang

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:15 AM

Hi, i recently downloaded Quicktime Pro, however I do not know if it was from a legit website.

Thus, iTunes OR Quicktime doesn't work anymore.

I try to reinstall from the Apple website (the normal Quicktime), but it says:

'Quicktime installation failed:
Error code: -3'

Could someone please because I desperately need it to work.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chanyang

chanyang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

Also, this message comes up:

Error code 1606.Could not access network location QTComponentsW.

Please help!

Edited by chanyang, 09 July 2006 - 11:50 AM.

#3 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

Allright first you need to uninstall the quicktime you have installed, and reinstall quicktime prefferably from a site you know is legit. If you have problems after that, there is a possibility you got a virus, in which case you need to visit our tutorials and pick up a good virus scan. Good luck.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:09 PM

Providing everything was working properly on your computer before you downloaded Quicktime the quickest way to fix the problem may be to use Windows System Restore to revert your system state to a point before the problem began.

start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

Start the System Restore Wizard and choose a date from before you downloaded Quicktime.

Bt default, Windows should have created a restore point before the download was installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users