Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How hot are you right now?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Weather (9 member(s) have cast votes)

How hot are you right now?

1. Voted Too hot. (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Hot. (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. I'm not hot; I guess I don't live on the sun like you. (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:58 PM

ab5e575d7212d37fdd8414365a75591c_zps88a5

Don't know about you guys, but I'm not enjoying the heat-wave. It's going to be a sleep-less night I expect.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:02 AM

Actually, it's rather chilly here tonight especially considering it's the end of June.  It's down in the 60's F.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

Today 19°C Tonight 10°C

Now

17.9°C nav_trend_up.gif

Its winter here LOL

Edited by NickAu, 29 June 2015 - 12:10 AM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 OliviaITlover

OliviaITlover

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:32 AM

FFFFrrreeeeeezing here!

3C this morning, made it to 13C a while ago... but yes!

Today 19°C Tonight 10°C

Now

17.9°C nav_trend_up.gif

Its winter here LOL

LOL...

#5 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:17 AM

DOGS RULE !!!  If you are an abuser of a dog you will first be severely beaten about the head and face area, dismembered and torso discarded into a bottomless  abandoned mine shaft .

Just wanted to make that clear right off the bat , now onto your question , "am i hot "  actually no , i am a very calm and gentle sole by nature .

Thank you for your inquiry .

Edited by herbman, 29 June 2015 - 01:18 AM.

#6 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:34 AM

you will first be severely beaten about the head and face area, dismembered and torso discarded into a bottomless  abandoned mine shaft .

Once left in the shaft, does it become mine?

"am i hot "  actually no , i am a very calm and gentle sole by nature .

I suspected such. :P

You're quite welcome. I was sitting, sweating, and I thought to myself, "I wonder if anyone has asked herbman if he's hot?".

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:40 AM

You're quite welcome. I was sitting, sweating, and I thought to myself, "I wonder if anyone has asked herbman if he's hot?".

I can see your concern  in relation to this matter, I was going to ask the same question in the BC staff section. :hysterical:

Edited by NickAu, 29 June 2015 - 01:40 AM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#8 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:31 AM

18 degrees Celcius here... but back home it's probably over 30 right now.

#9 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,847 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

It's 296.4833 Kelvin here. :)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#10 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

Currently 26 C (with a feels like rating of 31 C). It's overcast, with a risk of lightning/thunder later, but I think it will probably hold off till some time late tonight because otherwise the wind would usually have picked up by now.

It was ridiculously hot last night, I got very little sleep. There was no breeze coming in my window.

Edited by hollowface, 29 June 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#11 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

you will first be severely beaten about the head and face area, dismembered and torso discarded into a bottomless  abandoned mine shaft .

Once left in the shaft, does it become mine?

"am i hot "  actually no , i am a very calm and gentle sole by nature .

I suspected such. :P

As far as your first question , why yes, yes it does , for you to enjoy just like garbage left out on the curb.

2nd question's answer-  Thats exactly how i see it as well , how could anybody think differently , i'm extremely docile in nature.

Wonder no more about anybody asking herbman whether he's hot or not , nobody asks herbman anything and for very good reason i might add , which is i don't know anything , pretty good reason i think.

#12 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

Currently 26 C (with a feels like rating of 31 C). It's overcast, with a risk of lightning/thunder later, but I think it will probably hold off till some time late tonight because otherwise the wind would usually have picked up by now.

It was ridiculously hot last night, I got very little sleep. There was no breeze coming in my window.

I could be way off on this one but i'm going to throw it out there regardless,  i have made this mistake many times myself and a family member had to point it out to me ,  have you considered opening the window a little bit ,   i have found it makes a noticeable difference and wouldn't have known about it except for this helpful family member.

Try it , it works 

#13 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Guess you might have saved that ice for yourself instead of the lucky dog!  :hysterical:

This is how hot it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYKpYURyq2s

#14 herbman

herbman

• Members
  • 416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:20 AM

Bulldog ALWAYS gets priority first , meaning no ice for you.

#15 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

have you considered opening the window a little bit ,   i have found it makes a noticeable difference

I've tried that before, but it doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I have heard that opening your windows can make it hotter inside. I think in part, how well a window works depends on how your window lines up with air-flow outside, and inside the house. For example if the kitchen window is open, and the left window in the living-room is open I can usually get some decent airflow moving through there because the wind usually hits the kitchen side, and then the back-draft from going over the house causes air to come in the living-room window. At night, I usually have my bedroom-window open just a little bit (so rain doesn't come in), and during hot weather I crank it open about half to 3/4 of the way so that when the air does eventaully cool down outside, I can maximize how much gets in. Ultimately hot, is hot.

Today it's not bad out, and there's a nice breeze.

Edited by hollowface, 30 June 2015 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users