Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to recover email from a corrupted inbox.dbx file?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marcoheras

marcoheras

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

I can not access my inbox within Outlook Express.  I have changed the inbox.dbx file to inbox.old and launched OE.  This created a new inbox.dbx file and I was able to access my inbox.  Next, I copied the old file back replacing the new inbox.dbx file.  Again I was not able to access the inbox or see any of the emails.  The error number received is 0x800c0131. I now have it set back up with a new .dbx file so we can receive the new email.  What I need to know is if there is anyway to access the email from the old inbox.dbx file.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reidcallahan

reidcallahan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

Visit following ms thread to know the same issue https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ae400b3b-17c2-4e89-b509-261ce01f185f/how-to-repair-damaged-dbx-file-of-outlook-express?forum=messengerconnect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users