Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window button top bar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kari_san

Kari_san

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

Hi there,

I recently noticed that there's a button now on my top bar of every program and window and was wondering what it is and let alone why it's now here.

See below:

7eqVCvl.png

It's the first two buttons, the <> arrows and the box with an arrow in it that moves the window to another screen.

Any ideas on how I can disable it?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

Does it move it to a particular screen, or just the next screen in a sequence.

What does the <> arrows do when you click on it.

Let's have a look at this report:

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Kari_san

Kari_san
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

Attached File  HAHA.zip   235.47KB   6 downloads

Ok, thankyou usasma.

Here is the attached info and text files in a zip.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:26 AM

It took a bit of research, but it's from UltraMon: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/tour/windows.asp

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Kari_san

Kari_san
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:38 AM

Ahhh, that's pretty sneaky. I remember having it ages a go, thought it was apart of Windows 8.1 adding stuff.

Thanks usasma!  :tophat:

Topic closed :)

Edited by Kari_san, 30 June 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#6 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

It took a bit of research, but it's from UltraMon: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/tour/windows.asp

Oh good.

But, is this feature enabled by default on installation? Asking because I tried installing on a VM but I did not get any custom buttons like these  :mellow:

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#7 Kari_san

Kari_san
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

I think I had the program before I reinstalled it, so it would of left remaining elements (ini registry etc), well, that's what I'm guessing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users