Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson WF-7620 scanner not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AFei

AFei

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:37 AM

For some reason, my scanner on my Epson is not working, but printing works. I did a driver Update, and nothing. In the Epson setting, the Epson even manager for scan can find the scanner, but  when I check the Epson Scan settings, it says the scanner is ready. I tried to install the scanner soley, but it did nothing.

I did a troubleshoot for devices in Microsoft's Device  and Printers it says that its a USB 2.0 and not a 3.0. I haven't had a problem with the 2.0 for scanning. I switch out to another USB device and says the same thing.

My Version is Windows 8.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

Remove all printer and scanner software with revo free.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

• Download drivecleanup.zipto your desktop.

• Unzip it on your desktop.

• CLICK HEREto see if you are running 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows.

• Once the determination has been made,  open either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder.

• Remove all usb plugs from your machine, except your, mouse and keyboard.

• Right Click the .exe  inside of the folder, then run as administrator.

• A command prompt window will open,  telling you what has been removed upon completion.

• Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop.

• Close any open windows

• Double click the TFC icon to run the program. (Vista/7/8 Users, Right Click and select Run as Admin)

• TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run

• Click the Start button to begin the process

• Allow TFC to run uninterrupted

• Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine, if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean.

Now reboot your machine if tfc does not do it for you then reinstall all printer scanner software.

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 28 June 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#3 AFei

AFei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

Alot of things I figure out because I have uninstallled stuff before, so I didn't need the Revo software. And I knew it was already 64 bit, because you know, when installing my other software, they ask if your computer is 64 bit or 32.

Anyway, it works again. Thanks soo much for helping me again.

It was really weird, cause one day, photoshop just decided to break on the scanner. But it works now!

#4 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

Glad to have helped. :guitar:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users