I've been working at this for about 3 hours trying to fix this issue.
I booted up my PC today, and when I got to the Windows 8 login screen all my USB devices were not function. Lights off and everything.
I can use my keyboard and mouse in the BIOS, but as soon as I see the Windows 8 booting screen everything goes dark.
You need to understand that I have 0 control over windows right now, so changing things in the windows settings is not an option. I have tried the following:
- Cleaning the inside of my computer
- Changing everything in the BIOS to their default settings
- Only having one device plugged in
- Only using USB 2.0 ports
- Changing power cables
- Booting from my Windows 8 installation drive
- Booting in safe mode (I had to use the command line from my Windows 8 install disc, my computer now always boots in safe mode, no matter what drive I use)
- Using different devices
- Repairing my PC
The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling Windows, so I'm posting here in a last attempt to prevent the reinstall. That and using a PS2 keyboard/mouse.
I have an Asus Z87M-Plus motherboard.
I would REALLY appreciate some help!
Edited by Enstage, 28 June 2015 - 03:11 AM.