Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malicious programs, and how do I get revenge?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TeaLeafPG

TeaLeafPG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:28 AM

Serriously! You guys are probably all laughing at me, but this really needs to be stopped.

Today it's a family members computer infected with the MYSearchDial browser. I've had Conduit twice on two different PC's in the past. In the XP days I've had to reinstall at least 4 times for similar issues..

I search for answers using an uninfected computer and all I can find is 100's of pages inundated with technical jargon and various steps and guides to remove one problem in particular... Most of the time your problem is unique to what you have found...It's never easy. And it never seems to be completely out.

Backing up your files and reinstalling windows is always the easiest solution. I always make the mistake of thinking I could remove it and I waste time searching dozens of forums to no avail... Forums all have posters in distress and various people responding with questions, and their beloved anecdotes, but rarely a solution is found.

Why isn't this illegal? It's the equivalent to standing by the ATM and robbing people.  How can I have these people pay a fine or thrown in jail? Can't anything be done at all? The victims of these frauds are probably a bilion people. Can't an ISP intervene somehow?

Is there any petition or lawsuit or anything regarding this stuff taking place? How can the online community come together and make this stop? Where can I voice my opinion on the matter to try and make changes occur?

I decided to ask these questions here because you guys know what you're talking about. How can these company owners be held accountable?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users