Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell XP2720 - Screen Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 amarritt

amarritt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:23 PM

Hi,

To start I have attached a image to show the problem i'm having.

I had my dell xp2720 on yesterday evening as normal, just checked e-mails after work then exited and put into sleep mode. Woke it up an hour later and the screen is as the attached image, I can see it working in the background but I can't get this huge banding etc off the screen, it tenders to flicker, change colours etc. At one point in did go away with very minor banding visible, but when it was turned off and back on again it all came back.

I have tried taking power supply out, holding power button for 30 seconds etc and re-booting but still the same. I would guess it's a screen issue as I can still see all my files on the desktop just about through the banding.

Unfortuantely its now 15 months old so just out of warranty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Did you make sure that the display cable is correctly plugged in to the PC?

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users