Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Win 8.1 software,What to replace,why? And other essential DL's

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 timipz

timipz

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:48 AM

Hi I have an Asus laptop and in the past on other pc iv made all sorts of novice mistakes { downloading 3rd party software Changing all windows apps for others downloading from torrent sites movies,audio,software etc and ending up with all kinds of viruses malware as expected but I knew no better. Now I have a new (to me) laptop and wish to keep it running well and avoid problems,keep my security as tight as possible and learn new ways of doing things.

Iv downloaded the Piriform freeware ccleaner,Recuvva,defraggler and have been told speccy will give me good info about the state of my pc. I use Avast free with Malwarebytes as my secondary scanner as read win defender was no good.is that true?

I like ie as my browser but have chrome as a back up in case ie has problems. I don't know if what iv done is A nessacary B not conducive to good pc practise. C usual novice mistakes.

Could someone with knowledge help me have the right software to keep my pc running well and help me choose the right software for media Audio/Video which is my mane use of pc and where to download Audio and Video safely and if possible where to get Audio/Media free.

Im sorry if I seem like a complete newbie but at the moment that's what I am and I wish to learn good safe knowledge and practices.

Thank you Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users