Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Matic, Nortons, Mcafee...for 5 computers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soimcrazy

soimcrazy

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:28 PM

I've been using Nortons for years, cant say anything bad about the the performance. If I'm not mistaken I'm only allowed three computers per purchase.

The family and I have 5 computers now. I'm looking for a 5 computer deal.

Any recommendations? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

Eset Smart Security has a 5 computer offer.

http://www.eset.com/us/home/products/smart-security/

I have used Eset Smart Security for several years and have had no problems with it. 

The major security products will offer a free trial. I suggest you install the trial version of whatever paid product you are interested in on ALL your computers.

The trials will be fully functional.

This will give you a chance to see if it plays nice with a system  and give you an over-all feel for the program.  I do have the 5 computer deal and Eset works well on all of them.

With Eset, if you decide you want to get the 5 pc offer, all you have to do is enter the license key into the already installed trial program.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 26 June 2015 - 07:07 PM.

#3 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

Alternatively, if you wish to stay with Norton, you  can buy Norton Security (no backup functionality, supports upto 5devices of supported type) or Norton Security with Backup(with backup functionality, supports upto 10devices of supported type).

Then, talking to customer service, you may be able to transfer existing subscription days to the new one. (Before buying, I strongly suggest to talk to customer service about migration plans to have a troubleless migration.... :)

customer service: http://www.norton.com/chat

product info: http://www.norton.com

You can get good deals in price on third party stores like Amazon....

Lastly, if moving off from Norton products, please ensure you use Norton Removal Tool from www.norton.com/nrt

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 27 June 2015 - 12:11 PM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

You may want to read this discussion topic...PC Matic: What's the good (or bad) word?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users