Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About the new ClamxAv

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Twin B

Twin B

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

Today a popup came announcing a new version of Clamx & urging me to try it for 30 days before I buy it, because it's no longer free. When I tried to exit there was no way to do so; couldn't close the popup nor the program without signing up for the trial, nor could I restart or shut down the machine. Had to hold in the start button for the machine to restart. 

I find this disgusting and want to let all of you who use it to know about this gun-to-your-head tactic. 

I've learned blood is not thicker than money. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Habesque

Habesque

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

Thanks.

Although I have noticed lots of what was tried and tested and recommended honest free software in now going down the pay for it route of which just could be a sign of our times where there's less money about for all.

#3 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

Today a popup came announcing a new version of Clamx & urging me to try it for 30 days before I buy it, because it's no longer free. When I tried to exit there was no way to do so; couldn't close the popup nor the program without signing up for the trial, nor could I restart or shut down the machine. Had to hold in the start button for the machine to restart. 

I find this disgusting and want to let all of you who use it to know about this gun-to-your-head tactic. 

Hmm.. it closed out without any problems when I tried it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users