Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

T- Minus 33 & Counting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:16 PM

Windows 10 is coming SOON!!

If you are eligible for the free Upgrade offer you can reserve the DL for the GA. You will need W7 SP1 or W8.1

Make sure your machine or machines are clean & healthy.  Always backup, backup & backup.  Recommend making a Sys Image just prior to final release 

GA-Day is July 29

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

PS:  Did I mention backup?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

I see the first topic in the Win 10 section is dated 1st October 2014. We have had nine months of mumping and moaning about the various test releases. As well as a lot of hot air there have been a number of serious and valid points raised - the purpose of the test releases.

Another month and we can all start mumping and moaning about the final release version !

I'm chicken !  I intend waiting at least six months before I consider updating from 7 to 10, and that will be dependent on whether or not I decide to rebuild my computer.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Chris,

I cannot abide w/ use of an all-encompassing "we". Myself & countless others do not fit into your  "mumping and moaning".  For countless Folks the understanding, appreciation, excitement, & enthusiasm regarding Windows is the antithesis of what your phrase implies.

Win 10 has had much discussion & yes, there will be more.  I have run Win10 daily since Sept '14 and @ this point am quite happy & anxious to put a Beta that is very enjoyable aside and have the , actual, GA instead.

Please, explain (just out of curiosity) migrating to 10 being dependant on a hardware rebuild.

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

#4 Drew1903

Drew1903
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

Surprisingly enough, I can't find an Edit button.  Somebody change the Title to 32, please.  Tanx  Pardner :cowboy:   At least until tomorrow :hysterical: 

Drew

Couldn't resist once I saw the Cowboy. teehee

Edited by Drew1903, 26 June 2015 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users