Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Broken package in Mint 17.2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

Broken_zpseizfjgqz.png

Edited by paul88ks, 25 June 2015 - 10:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

Just tried to update Mint 17.2 and got this error- can anyone help me with this?

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:40 PM

Have you tried opening Synaptic Package Manager, click on "Edit" in the menu bar, and click on "Fix broken packages"?

synaptic-package-manager-_005.png

Edited by NickAu, 25 June 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:13 AM

Just tried to update Mint 17.2 and got this error- can anyone help me with this?

Nick's suggestion is best, though please keep in mind that this is a Preview release, there will be some bugs in it. So far, I haven't bothered with 17.2, normally I do, yet have had other things keeping my busy. I'll likely upgrade to 17.2 when it's offered through the updating system & let others work the bugs out. Honestly, I don't feel there'll be many huge changes, if I did, would be testing 17.2. 

Though I'll likely test the Mint 18 RC when it ships, it's a more major release & will be about 3 months after Ubuntu 16.04 LTS in April 2016. It'll be after that release before work on Mint 18 takes place, probably a year away. 

Don't feel alone, Windows 10 is to be shipped in less than a month & still has bugs.  :hysterical:

I believe you'll be OK, when testing Preview releases, it's best to place these on another HDD to run on, if there's no extra bay, these normally are easily swappable on most computers. Many notebook users can use their optical drive bay, along with an adapter specially for 2.5" HDD/SSD's, to add an extra, and get a $5 USB cable for the few times the optical drive is needed. The caveat is that there will be less battery life, unless both are SSD's, I have two setup this way. 

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users