Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

tried upgrading my video card and now my screen is blank

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 redhood34

redhood34

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

i wanted to upgrade my dell insprion 570's video card from a geforce 8400 so i bought a geforce gtx 750 ti, come to find out i needed to upgrade my power supply before i could use it. i finally upgraded my power supply from a 300w to a 430w. i tried out my new power supply with my old video card and everything works just fine. i tried using the new video card and my screen remains blank after i turn on my computer, it doesnt even show the post, but everything else is working, the keyboard, mouse. i tried connecting my monitor to the onboard video card while the 750ti was in but i still get a blank screen. i take out my 750ti and everything works just fine. i tried unistalling my 8400 drivers, disabling the 8400 drivers, disabling my onboard video card drivers and even changing my resolution to the lowest and still nothing. i even tried doing all that and booting in safe mode using msconfig and setting it to automatically boot up into safe mode with the minimum requirements. can anyone please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:22 AM

Welcome to BC .. are you connecting the extra six pin power connector to the video card?

#3 redhood34

redhood34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

Welcome to BC .. are you connecting the extra six pin power connector to the video

the video card does not have a place to connect anything. from the looks of it, it just goes into the pci slot

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

can you provide us the brand/model or provide a link to the one you have of your 750ti so we can look it up?

#5 redhood34

redhood34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/36009338

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:16 AM

Okay I see it does not require extra power.  Which connector are you using on the back of the card.  Did you try plugging it in to the other DVI connector?  Or are you using HDMI?

#7 redhood34

redhood34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

Okay I see it does not require extra power.  Which connector are you using on the back of the card.  Did you try plugging it in to the other DVI connector?  Or are you using HDMI?

i am using a dvi connector. but i only have a vga cable to when i connect the vga cable to my video card, i use a converter piece. 

#8 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

Yes but are you connecting it to the black or the white dvi connector.  Did you try them both?  Does the fan on the video card spin when you turn on the computer?

#9 redhood34

redhood34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

Yes but are you connecting it to the black or the white dvi connector.  Did you try them both?  Does the fan on the video card spin when you turn on the computer?

i am using the white one, it did not come with a converter piece for the black one. the fan on the video card does spin when i turn on the computer

#10 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

Do you have more than one PCI slot that it can fit into?  Maybe try the other slot? Also make sure that it is seated completely down and locked down with the clip.  Only other thing I can think of is maybe you got a bad card.  Unless someone else here has an idea.

#11 redhood34

redhood34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

Do you have more than one PCI slot that it can fit into?  Maybe try the other slot? Also make sure that it is seated completely down and locked down with the clip.  Only other thing I can think of is maybe you got a bad card.  Unless someone else here has an idea.

yea i only have 1 pci slot, i was also thinking it is a bad card. thinking about buying a new one but dont want to get the same one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users