Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with the scanner working on my Epson multi printer.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 millie87248p79

millie87248p79

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hi.

I wonder if someone can help me with my printer.

It's a Epson Stylus SX5151W multi printer. 

I've been having problems with it scanning anything for over a month.

The wifi option on it didn't seem to be sending the info from my laptop to the printer, as it said i had to connect it via usb lead. Once i used a usb lead from laptop to printer it would scan. But it wouldn't with just using the wifi option with the unconnected leads.

I just tried scanning again with using no connecting leads and it seemed to have worked. But i soon realised that it was scanning at about a 10th of it's normal scanning speed, it was scanning very slow.

I tried uninstalling the Epson program last time and reinstalling it to see if it corrected the issue but it didn't.

I don't know what else to try.

Can someone offer any help or ideas please?

Regards,

Becky

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

Okay first so you know for sure.  Wired connections will almost always have a better/faster signal to the accompanying device.  So when you go wireless any wireless interference in the area can affect/degrade the signal do the accompanying device be it microwaves/wireless phones/other wireless devices

I did a quick google search for your issue and the only advice was to be sure to press the scan button on the printer before you open the software on your laptop/computer to begin the scanning process.

Hope that helps.

#3 millie87248p79

millie87248p79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

Hi. Yeah Bleeping.

Thanks for replying back quickly.

I've been using the same printer/scanner for 2 years and never had this problem before.

I've checked online and it says this.

Q:
Printing and scanning seems slow on my product when I use a wireless connection (router or access point). What should I do?
A:
Print a network status sheet and check the signal strength. If it's poor, try moving the product closer to your wireless router or access point. Avoid placing the product next to a microwave oven, 2.4 GHz cordless phone, or large metal objects such as a filing cabinet.

I've just turned on my printer/scanner and it gives me 2 options. USB connection, or it says 'last used' (which i know means 'Beckys PC). I click on 'last used' as it worked last selecting 'last used'.

I pressed on the scan button on my printer/scanner and it's back to saying the same warning message, of "Warning'. Communication error. Make sure the computer is connected.' This is the same error message i've been having for a while.

My signal strength on my laptop is very strong.

I found that before if i do connect my USB printer lead to my laptop then the scanner will work okay.

It's been working fine for 2 years.

For some reason it seems it has problems reading the signal now. And like i said i've checked the signal strength and it's very strong.

Any more suggestions you can offer me to try please?

Regards,

Becky

Edited by millie87248p79, 25 June 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#4 millie87248p79

millie87248p79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:49 AM

Hi. Can anyone still able to help me with my printer problem issue please as it's still not solved.

Regards,

Becky.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,008 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

My signal strength on my laptop is very strong

Yes, but wireless is a two way business. What is the signal like at the location of your printer ?  I don't know if your printer has its own signal strength indicator but as a rough and ready test you could put the laptop on top of the printer and see if the laptop is still showing a strong signal in that location.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users