Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Display and no beeping noise when turn on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cowboys2006

cowboys2006

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:26 PM

I have  a issue with my computer. I need to really fix it since its my work computer and I work from home. My issue is that today I tired to turn it on and it turns on but nothing is display on the screen. I have checked cables and nothing usually when I turn my computer on it makes a one beep and then it boots up and all that but this time, it just turned on but no beep and no display. I had it connected with HDMi and switched to VGA and still nothing. I am pretty good and figuring this out but this one its hard. The last thing I am thinking is that its the motherboard that went bad. But a while ago about 3 years ago I had a issue with another computer almost the samething and it turned out to be the power supply. But I am open to suggestions or things that I can do to fix this computer. I have also done the CMOS clear.  Any Help will be great. Thank you

it has a motherboard RS880PM-AM

this is the computer I have the only thing is that I have upgraded the ram and that was about 3 years ago.

http://www.cnet.com/products/acer-aspire-m3450-ur30p-fx-4100-3-6-ghz-6-gb-1-tb/specs/

Edited by cowboys2006, 25 June 2015 - 12:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,807 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

Have you been inside the unit during the last three years??  There lies the biggest fault of all, units placed in cabinets, etc and never touched until a fault stops the boot.  A through cleaning can go a long way to resurrect a dead machine and a regular cleaning every six months thereafter.  The will run forever given a little care.

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

It could be the power supply ... usually the beep you hear is the system 'passing' the Power on Self Test.  So.. it could be the motherboard also- You can certainly try a new psu as that is easier to come by than getting a whole new motherboard or computer.

#4 cowboys2006

cowboys2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

so I got a new psu and nothing just powers up and doesn't do anything else. So that eliminates that issue its probably the motherboard. Its just weird how it just stopped it was working fine last night and turned it off to get it ready for work today and this happen. Grrr.

So my question is I can get a motherboard but do I need to get the same kind? or something that works similar with it?

Unless theres other t/s that can be done it would be great since we know its not the power supply/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users