Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

image moves sideways by ~1px sometimes; slight black border on the other side

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bob1771

bob1771

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

- new monitor, connected to hdmi, picture is o.k. (even tho it seems to move a little, nothing is cut off)

- amd apu

seems to happen when i wake the pc

has anyone experienced something similar? is this a monitor malfunction or relatively normal?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

[wild guess]

Check all of your connections and be sure they are grounded.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:16 PM

Used to happen all the time when I used this monitor with a HDMI to VGA adapter on my laptop. I really don't know what was causing it, but it was so minor I just ignored it. It's on DVI now on my desktop and has no issues. Possibly bad connection as the HDMI port on my laptop wasn't too great, things had to be plugged in perfectly straight. Normally I would try the auto button, but it has none.

(Asus VW220, Windows 7 with the adapter, later Windows 10 with DVI)

My old desktop developed an issue where the monitor would say "AUTO CONFIG" like it always did when booting up, but instead of setting the screen correctly, it was way off by almost a centimetre. Simply pressing "AUTO" on the monitor fixed it. (However it was annoying)

(Acer AL1715, Windows XP)

exe_zpsv0pycpmd.jpg

#4 PeterMayson

PeterMayson

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

Hmm.. Usually "AUTO CONFIG" does make sense on displays connected using a VGA cable due to analogue nature of the signal.
Using a DVI and HDMI the option normally doesn't work at all the displays I ever seen.
Excluding if an analogue signal is transmitted over a DVI connection which I've never seen in my practice (but theoretically possible, however it could be used about 10 years ago).
Signals transmitted over DVI and HDMI are the same signals (I mean only video part) and having a digital nature so they must be look identical on the same display.
If any problems with signal will be occurred, the picture just will disappear if it will be impossible to recover the signal on the hardware level.
The grounding problems shouldn't be a reason of difference of the picture. But may have affect on the display's properties.

I can assume 3 possible reasons of such behavior:
1) the display handles signals from different inputs in different ways. This probably should be repeatable using other computers/laptops.
2) the video card transfers slightly different signals to the each output.
3) problems with the OS and/or videocard driver.

Now, about the topic starter's issue. I suggest to make sure the latest version of video driver is being used. If it's possible, try to connect another device to the display and check if the same issue persists or not.
Anyway, this isn't a normal behavior for the displays.

Edited by PeterMayson, 11 July 2015 - 05:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users