Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bitdefender-panda-360TS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheSun

TheSun

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

I was using Microsoft security essentials for a long time in my windows 7 (64 bit) PC. Once I had avast free edition but it always need update which needs a good amount of data offer that I cannot afford to get, so I left it. I cannot buy any paid version of any. Recently my USB got Trojan infection from some internet cafe and was unable to open it since it developed a new shortcut. My AV detected it but didn’t fix it and I cannot use my usb anymore even after formatting. Then I came to know that MSE is not so good and up to date. Then I tried Bit defender free edition, then vaccinated usb from some other security software. Then I could open folders in usb. After some days that vaccination of usb expired. Today my Bit defender stopped working when I tried to scan that usb, and it repeatedly asking for restart as it cannot solve some issues, although I restarted many times. Then I changed to panda free AV. It was installed correctly but when I tried to scan it showed error. I downloaded again but didn’t work. Then I came to 360 total security. Looks good till now.  Don’t know what will happen this time.. Can anyone say why Bit defender and panda didn’t work for me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:05 PM

Hi TheSun :)

It's possible that you are still infected with the malware that was in your USB Flash Drive. Hence before working on your Antivirus programs, you should get checked here on BleepingComputer, in the malware removal area. There you'll be assisted by a trained malware removal helper that will help you get rid of every infection on your system. In order to do that, you have to post a thread in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs section. You have to follow the instructions in the preparation guide prior to posting your thread, since it contains the steps to follow when posting it. After that, please comeback in this thread and post the link to the one you created in the malware removal area. Once you've been declared clean by your helper, and you need to return to this topic contact any moderator and request that it be re-opened. That is if your issue wasn't solved during your malware clean-up :)

On a side note, I would stay way from Qihoo and their products ;)

http://www.av-comparatives.org/weblog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/VB-AVC-AVT-press-release.pdf

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 TheSun

TheSun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

so, 360 TS is not a good one?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:43 PM

I would avoid every Qihoo products, 360 Total Security included, yes. Like I said, I would get your system checked for an infection (coming from the USB) before working on troubleshooting Antivirus programs on it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,476 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

Qihoo is a Chinese-based provider of free security and Anti-virus software (360 Total Security, 360 Internet Security, 360 Browser, 360 Security, 360 Mobile Safe, 360 Vault, etc). There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Qihoo to include it's reporting other anti-virus software and search tools as being malicious, deceptive marketing practices and various privacy issues.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users