Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need software to Wipe and Reload windows Xp/vista/7/8/8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Brandonnc2015

Brandonnc2015

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

Hello, I recently started working for a computer company. I am in need of a windows wipe disk that will completely erase everything and reinstall windows. I know that I will need disc such as windows 7 installation home prem to install windows 7 back on.

I am looking for a download to burn to a disc so that when a customer brings in a computer that has viruses on it and just ask me to Factory reset it,  I can just pop in the disc an go thru the steps of factory resetting. This will be used when there is no recovery data available on the machine. I use to have a disc to do this, but I can not seem to find it or remember the program name.

Please any and all help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:11 PM

Hi Brandonnc2015 :)

You know that you can do all of this with a simple Windows 7 installation CD, DVD or USB, right? When it asks you what kind of installation you want (Upgrade or Custom), simply select Custom, then select the partition on which Windows 7 is currently installed and click on Advanced Settings then Format. Once the operation is complete, proceed to install Windows 7 on that partition.

There's no need to use the kind of software you are talking about, because a Factory Reset is used to restore a computer/laptop to the factory state via an image loaded by the manufacturer. What you are asking here is a CD, DVD or USB that would contain every single factory image for every computers and laptops (models included) in the world. A such thing doesn't exist and/or would be way too big to load on a single storage device. It's already easy to do all that with an installation media so you don't need anything else.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Brandonnc2015

Brandonnc2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

Hi Brandonnc2015 :)

You know that you can do all of this with a simple Windows 7 installation CD, DVD or USB, right? When it asks you what kind of installation you want (Upgrade or Custom), simply select Custom, then select the partition on which Windows 7 is currently installed and click on Advanced Settings then Format. Once the operation is complete, proceed to install Windows 7 on that partition.

There's no need to use the kind of software you are talking about, because a Factory Reset is used to restore a computer/laptop to the factory state via an image loaded by the manufacturer. What you are asking here is a CD, DVD or USB that would contain every single factory image for every computers and laptops (models included) in the world. A such thing doesn't exist and/or would be way too big to load on a single storage device. It's already easy to do all that with an installation media so you don't need anything else.

Ok thank you! Yes that was what I was asking just worded it wrong. Thanks very much. The guy who was here took all the windows os disc.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users