Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Email Account Error Message 475: Suspicious activity detected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 michaelbell

michaelbell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

Mod Edit: Moved to proper forum ~~ boopme

Hi, I have a yahoo email acount, and every time I try to reply to someone or send out an email I get the following message: "Error code 475: Suspicious activity was detected on your account".

I have not sent out any bulk emails at all. I have not done anything different than what I have been doing for several years of having the account. At times the email will close out on it's own, and I keep getting a request from yahoo to change my email address.

The google chrome browsing experiences has been much slower as well. I get a stall often time when I am trying to go to a website online from search and from the address bar.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Edited by boopme, 25 June 2015 - 01:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:40 PM

It appears if you have web links to other sites in your email signature, Yahoo Mail will flag it.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131105093109AAR5Kbv

Also, if you log in from a location different from the one you normally use, especially if it's outside your home country, or if you recently changed ISP providers, that can trigger it as well.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130803075759AAlzX7O

A third possibility is that your username and password have been compromised, and someone else is logging in and using the account to send spam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users