Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why haven't I been offered Win10 Free...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Graphicool1

Graphicool1

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:52 AM

I have a Win 7 Pro 64 bit PC (desktop) and have been offered Win 10 Free

I also have Win 7 Pro 32 bit (laptop) but haven't been offered Win 10 Free for that. Why?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hi Graphicool :)

I suggest you to bring this issue in the thread I created since there's quite a few users that have it and it'll be better to have it all in one thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579044/support-thread-for-the-get-windows-10-app-not-working/

Also, it contains a link to all the solutions you should try first.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

I have a Win 7 Pro 64 bit PC (desktop) and have been offered Win 10 Free

I also have Win 7 Pro 32 bit (laptop) but haven't been offered Win 10 Free for that. Why?

Is the x86, also, SP1?  To be eligible must be 7 SP1.  Just a thought, though I am sure it probably is SP1.

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

#4 Graphicool1

Graphicool1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:08 AM

Drew1903

Yes, the laptop is using SP1.

This thread has been moved to...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579044/support-thread-for-the-get-windows-10-app-not-working/

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:22 AM

Alright let us know in the support thread if the solutions I linked works or not :)

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users