Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What kind of Games can this PC run?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KareemPC_Noob

KareemPC_Noob

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:52 AM

Hello everyone, i'm very new to PC gaming and I want to start with this PC (It was an old one my dad gave me a few years ago) And I wanted to know what kind of Games it could run. Not really heavy games; CS:GO, TF2, LOL, DOTA 2, SMITE etc. etc.

Can I play low demaning games like this on medium or low and still get good FpS? Let me know

-Kareem
This is the PC; http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/5279675

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 8,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:16 AM

Hi Kareem,

There's a site called Can You RUN It that should give you some idea as to whether your computer will be able to run these games.

Some games also have their own websites that do much the same. I used the one for War Thunder to see if my computer could run it, and even though it said my computer was slightly below the minimum system requirements, the game runs at over 30 fps on reasonably low (but above minimum) settings. Or at least it did last time I played it, which was a few months ago.

So I wouldn't take what these sites say to be gospel, but like I say they should give you some idea whether your computer stands a chance of running the games or not.

My guess is that the integrated graphics and "shared memory" will be the main limitation on your computer when it comes to running games.

Edited by Al1000, 25 June 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#3 Jelerak

Jelerak

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

Hello Kareem;

The CPU, memory and the graphics would be your bottlenecks of course. You could upgrade all 3. Or just start with the memory or video card, or both and go from there. From the specs I could find. Takes DDR2 memory, 2 slots. one PCI-E slot

and an AM2 socket, single core processor. Windows XP

Memory(DDR2) is cheapest(http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007611%20600006067%20600006042%20600006061&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=30), starting around 12 dollars. Depends on what is already in there, whether it is 1 stick or 2 512mb's. XP will recognize 3gb of ram.

Video cards: PCI Express slot, you can get a 8400GS w/ low profile bracket for about 40 bucks. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150659

CPU, you would probably have to buy used.

Still dependent on what games you want to play of course, how far this computer will go. At least recommend the memory and video card upgrade.Hope this helps some.

Jelerak

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

Your PC doesn't have a fast enough CPU or enough RAM to play those kind of games. So maybe you could see how much RAM could be added to it to max that out but I'm not sure how/if you could upgrade the CPU.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users