Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs sent to media player and can't open

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dakarco

dakarco

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:49 AM

Hello,

I'm trying open Vuze, where I've downloaded songs but I get a message: the selected file has an extension .exe that isn't recognized by Windows Media Player. Even the icon has changed to a film strip with a music note on top of it. This has happened to my explorer icon, my google chrome icon, and vlc media player, and other things on my desktop, I've tried to download FRST64 (that I'm reading from another post on the forum) but I can't even open that in an effort  to remove any malware. :unsure:  Please help.

Thank you  

Edited by hamluis, 25 June 2015 - 07:12 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users