Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hosting for ASP.NET in Cloud or Shared Hosting?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BestStriker

BestStriker

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:33 PM

I am a asp.net freelancer webdveloper and I develop/maintain a number of websites for clients. All sites are hosted on traditional (not cloud) web hosting accounts.

I just wondering what is the difference between cloud and traditional hosting. I plan to host my site with hostforlife.eu. I see they support asp.net and also cloud hosting.

- What is the difference between hostforlife.eu cloud vs Azure cloud hosting?
- What are the pros/cons of moving to Azure as opposed to estaying with traditional hosting?
- Will I need to have an account for each client or I could get a "master account" for me and then partition/sub-lease space/resources for each client?
- What about costs? Nowadays there are very respectable hosting providers for as low as EUR 7.00/month. How will this compare to Azure? I have used their calculator pricing and they are really overprice

So, what is the benefits using their hosting services? I would prefer go to hostforlife.eu cloud hosting plan. It's more affordable

Thanks much for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Richardolga

Richardolga

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

Cloud Hosting is a very reliable, easily scalable and affordable hosting solution. Shared hosting is the most popular hosting solution that can suit even the most tight budget. On the cloud your website is hosted not only on one but on several servers connected to work as one. You don’t depend on only one machine – even if one machine is broken, the others will backup its data and processes and no downtime will appear.

Read about Your questions in below links as they were already answered:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1837159.aspx?Windows+Azure+vs+Traditional+Hosting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users