Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two Apple monitors on PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dalv

dalv

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

I'm a graphic designer and I'm looking into getting two Apple monitors for my PC.

I'll need to upgrade the video card (nvidia chipset?) to be sufficient enough for two hires monitors. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than $300...

Edited by hamluis, 24 June 2015 - 03:15 PM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to System Building/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:24 PM

The prices for graphics cards go from $200 to $350, so either you go with a higher end $200 card or find another $50 to go with a lower end $350 card. 

#3 dalv

dalv
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

Thanks, Kilroy - additional $50-100 shouldn't be a problem. I just want to find out what will work :-)

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:27 PM

Then you're probably looking at something like a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card for $359.  It needs a 500w power supply at a minimum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users