Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to connect two plasma screens to a PC to create a visual display for a shop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gary1979

gary1979

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:42 AM

Hi all,

I have two plasma screens looking out of my shop front and I need to connect both to my pc.  I would like to send promotional pictures and text through to both screens 24 hrs day, perhaps by power point.  How can I do this?

Thanks

Gary

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:35 PM

Well to get started we need to make sure we have cables and connections that will allow for a dual monitor display.  Did you want both displays to display the same image or did you want to set it up like a dual monitor (different display on each)?  You would need to make sure the video card in your computer is capable of multiple displays so we need information about what video card you have what ouputs are on it/ what plasma displays you have and what inputs they have on it.

#3 gary1979

gary1979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 03:37 AM

Ideally I would like both monitors to display the same image at the same time. 

The TV's are Blaupunkt Smart 40" lcd.  40/133Z-WB-5B2-13GBKUOW

They have 2 USB ports, 3 x HDMI ports, 1 x VGA, 1 x scart, CI card in, 1 x RJ 45 Ethernet,

I have two computers I could use:

* PC zoostorm, link - http://www.ebuyer.com/662319-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7260-2023

with graphics card - AMD Radeon™ HD 7480D Graphics, up to 2GB graphics system memory

* Acer laptop, Aspire V3551, with AMD Radeon HD 7640G 512mb Graphics system

I have a LAN within my shop

Thanks

Gary

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:56 AM

Hello again does the desktop computer with the HD 7480D have a displayport output ?  What outputs are available on the desktop and laptop?  You would also need some marquee type software to make things easier.  A free solution may work for you from here or you may need to upgrade for dual display but I am not 100% sure once you get them connected you could test it.

#5 gary1979

gary1979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

Hi there,

The PC has a DVI available and HDMI the laptop has an output for an external screen and HDMI

#6 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

Okay so here are my thoughts.  I am worried about the display resolution on a video card that does not have dual outputs of the 'same type' because what will happen is one screen may look a little different than the other because the output resolution may not provide the same 'resolution' of what your monitor wants to support.  So I am thinking you may want to swap the video card out for one that supports dual hdmi outputs so at least they will look exactly the same.  If your okay with what you have then you can use the hdmi port from the pc to one of the displays and get a DVI to HDMI cable for the other display (from the pc). Obviously you'll need cables long enough to go the distance.

#7 gary1979

gary1979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:35 AM

Could I use a DVI to HDMI converter for the pc and then connect the pc and TV's to a HDMI cable using a splitter with built in amplifier, allowing two TVs to be connected with one PC output?

#8 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:50 AM

I've seen recommendation to use things like a Chromecast to do this.  Maybe not PowerPoint, but you can turn the PowerPoint into a file you can stream over DLNA.  The main advantages are not having to run wires to the televisions.

#9 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

Could I use a DVI to HDMI converter for the pc and then connect the pc and TV's to a HDMI cable using a splitter with built in amplifier, allowing two TVs to be connected with one PC output?

Technically this should work .. as long as you realize that this will NOT allow you to show different things on the two monitors-both displays will show the exact same output; and you will not be able to 'strech' the display across two screens.

#10 gary1979

gary1979
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

Great thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users