Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Near New PC Slow and Has Muti Redirects Babyon Incredibar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dazza

Dazza

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hi Again, I am asking for Help for My Daughter on MY Computer Win 8.1 Etc 

The Faulty PC is a near new Dell Lap-Top intel i7 Windows 7 was pre installed and It has never Run correctly from the time she opened the Box

Its also loaded up with all this Junk firstly: there are 15 Scheduled Tasks running all Day every Day updates and stuff I have never seen before ?

She wants to Remove all those? And all this below Plus a Lot of other Junk that Dell Inst and also stuff she has been Tricked into Downloading when she was firsts finding her way She wants only Firefox as her Browser she AVG I I added MWMBs and did a Scan found over (3.000 + Bugs) I have included the MWMBs Log

I have Installed 38 Updates that were Waiting to be Installed Thank you For any help You can Give Me I will send this From My PC at the start: 

Scheduled Tasks  --> Has 15 Tasks Running all the Time Repeating

Redirect Toolbars WXDFast, WebSearch, CiTrix, URL Redirector, Snapdo, Incredoolbar

Babyon

Thanks in anticipation Dasha

Dell Lap-top XPS L502X, 64 bit, CPU 2.20GHz/ 8 Gig 7.90 Usable

Edited by hamluis, 24 June 2015 - 11:55 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

Windows 10, Weston 1000 T-byte HDD - Partitions -  G, -  H, - I, - J 

CCleaner, Kaspersky (Full Version) MWMByts Weekly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MidnightShadow

MidnightShadow

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

...The Faulty PC...She wants to Remove all those?...

...She wants only Firefox as her Browser she AVG I I added MWMBs and did a Scan found over (3.000 + Bugs) I have included the MWMBs Log...

...I have Installed 38 Updates that were Waiting to be Installed Thank you For any help You can Give Me I will send this From My PC at the start: ...

Scheduled Tasks  --> Has 15 Tasks Running all the Time Repeating

Redirect Toolbars WXDFast, WebSearch, CiTrix, URL Redirector, Snapdo, Incredoolbar

Babyon

Good morning! Let me start by saying that, if this PC is brand new from a manufacturer, then it's not a faulty PC. The software that you are describing is user installed, whether the user realizes it or not. If the PC is refurbished or from a local mom/pop shop, then I would return the unit to them and have them take a look.

If you're willing to proceed, then I can help out! Babylon is definitely junkware and should be removed. Typically you can simply uninstall it from the Control Panel without any issues, as with most of the junkware. I would suggest attempting to remove all of the unwanted software this way, first. Once you're done with that, it would be time to do a scan.

You could remove Internet Explorer if you really wanted, but I would recommend leaving it there. Just use Firefox as the default browser. IE will be there in case Firefox messes up in the future.

I'm not sure what MWMBs is. Do you mean Malware Bytes Anti Malware? If not, that's one of the two scanners I would run. Be sure to do a system restore point prior to having the results remove anything from the computer, just in case you need to roll it back. I would also use Webroot to run a scan. The System Analyzer they offer is quick, but often misses things. Install a trial version to get better results. I see you also have Kaspersky, so I would do a scan with that as well. Once everything is done scanning, reboot.

When it comes back up, do another pass of scans with the software. If everything is clean, grab CCleaner and run through the registry cleaner (be sure to save a backup copy!) and have it clean out what it finds. Be sure to do the temp file cleaner as well. If you have any questions, let me know!

PS - When you're done, remove all antivirus software except for one. More than one will slow your computer and, typically, they will fight each other over control.

Edited by MidnightShadow, 24 June 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#3 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

Thanks Very Much MidnightShadow I will do as you advised over the Next Two Days and Come Back when finished with the Outcomes. I think whats happened is before she has installed AVG that the other junk has  invaded and she is not able to realise half of it' or stop it, Thanks Very Much for your Help I will begin Later today Cheers for Now Dasha :thumbup2:

2013 DELL Inspiron 660, Intel 4 CPU - 2.4 GB, 512 Meg Ram, 64 bit / BEN-Q 21.5" Scr,

#4 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

I have Done as you suggested But Luckily I used Revo Uninstaller instead of Program Add Remove on The Babyon, Ask and Bing redirect Thousands of Key 's and Stuff  still took me nearly 2 hours" "what a disgrace that they can invade like that legally ?  Anyway I have sent  the Last scan Log  MWMbyts from Last Night I had to Paste it Cant find an Attachment Option ? I think we are Looking Good Dasha

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 25/06/2015
Scan Time: 10:08:36 PM
Logfile: bleeping Mw Log.txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.01.6.1022
Malware Database: v2015.06.25.02
Rootkit Database: v2015.06.22.01
License: Trial
Malware Protection: Enabled
Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: daveydinkun

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 439230
Time Elapsed: 19 min, 42 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Disabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 0

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

#5 MidnightShadow

MidnightShadow

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:13 AM

I have Done as you suggested But Luckily I used Revo Uninstaller instead of Program Add Remove on The Babyon, Ask and Bing redirect Thousands of Key 's and Stuff  still took me nearly 2 hours" "what a disgrace that they can invade like that legally ?  Anyway I have sent  the Last scan Log  MWMbyts from Last Night I had to Paste it Cant find an Attachment Option ? I think we are Looking Good Dasha

Revo is a good uninstaller. I don't know about legality, but most of the time it sneaks in with another installation when you're not paying attention and just clicking next the whole time. I think we've all done it at least once in our lives and it's easy to overlook stuff like that because it's selected to install by default, so if you don't uncheck it then all this garbage gets installed with something you wanted.

Anyhow, glad that your issue appears to be resolved. If you get anymore strange pop-ups are messages, let us know! :)

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

When it comes back up, do another pass of scans with the software. If everything is clean, grab CCleaner and run through the registry cleaner (be sure to save a backup copy!) and have it clean out what it finds.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT support the use of registry cleaners.

Please read this.

#7 Dazza

Dazza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:10 AM

Sorry for the Delay Cobba, Thank you Very much We are Grateful for your efforts and Your Time  Until Next Time Cheers Dazzla :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users