Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Florida Newcomer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TequilaMockingbird

TequilaMockingbird

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

Just thought I would say Hi... so Hi!

I'm a middle-aged male retired from my first love and learning everything I can about computers. That doesn't seem to include networking, but I haven't given up yet. I'm trying, but I don't seem to be learning. I have a moderate level of skill with XP, XP pro, Me, 98SE, and Xandros. I also have Vista BETA 2 installed on one of my spare computers.

I came here to learn, but if I see a post I am sure I can help with, I will. I have built several computers, both Intel and AMD based, to make a little extra money, but my main kick is teaching people and building small form factor media computers.

That's about it. I will try to contribute, but if I'm not fairly sure my answer is correct, I will keep it to myself.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:18 PM

Hi, TequilaMockingbird.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:29 PM

Welcome to BC!
We welcome active participation in the forums, especially members who can share areas of expertise and experience in an effort to help other members.
(I think you will like my signature...)
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 TequilaMockingbird

TequilaMockingbird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:41 AM

Thank you both for the welcome. I really like both of your sigs.

I have been a member of a few tech forums in the past and have learned by observation what a bad answer can do. I have also learned what harm a poorly phrased or leading question can do. For those two reasons I decided to keep my mouth shut unless I was pretty darn sure what was being asked and what the answer might be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users