Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compromised Linux OS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Uprightman

The Uprightman

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hi all, could someone please advise if I can get some assistance to work out what has compromised my Linux OS, how to remedy it and where to post for that help (i.e in this forum or the malware and virus removal forum which seems to be dedicated to Windows OS)?

Thanks for any assistance and clarification.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

It would be highly unusual for your Linux OS to be infected with a virus,but it is not impossible! Post over in the Am I Infected forum and someone will be able to help you.Also - do you have Timestamp installed on your system? It is a great tool for restoring you computer to an earlier date when everything was working well!-Paul

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,971 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:41 PM

Topic continued here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580436/can-a-linux-user-get-help-with-infection-here/

Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 The Uprightman

The Uprightman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

Thank you Paul88ks & Platypus for your help.

Now that my post has been placed in the correct forum (thanks Platypus) I will add some information in respect to what I have seen and why I feel that the OS is compromised and see how I go.

Edited by The Uprightman, 23 June 2015 - 11:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users