Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell inspiron 5050 No sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bluelulu

bluelulu

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

I thinking this is a bug in windows not hardware or drivers, This is a dell laptop I did a new install of windows 7 I first use driver booster to pull in all the drivers it show the drivers as installed but geting no sound I also went to dell and got the drivers from there but still the same

it not muted I try a live linux disk and the sound work fine so how do I find the bug ? :bounce:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:21 AM

The bug is in the hive the hive is in the registry the registry's in the matrix the matrix is in the profile the profile is in the FAT the fat is in the MBR---- woah.. sorry not sure where my brain was...

I would try uninstalling /deleting the sound drivers and downloading from dell again and reinstall.

#3 RaviAtDell

RaviAtDell

Authorized Dell Rep

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:23 AM

Hi bluelulu,

Please provide me the snapshot of the Device manager so that I could check the drivers missing.

Also as suggested by YeahBleeping please update the audio drivers using the link below.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=DMXFP

Please let me know if this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users