Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OSX Yosemite not connecting to Windows Server using RDP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darth Hobbit

Darth Hobbit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:13 AM

I have a 24" iMac running Yosemite.  I need to connect to my server at the office, which is running Windows Server 2008.  

Yes, I have already discussed this issue with IT and everything is set up correctly on their end.  They do not know anything about the settings on a Mac so the settings on my end are up to me.  They have, however, provided me with the VPN IP address, which my Mac is able to connect to.  This is as far as I can get because even with the VPN connected, the RDP settings to connect to the server will not work.  When trying to connect through RDP I get a "connection denied" error.  I have used Apple's built-in RDP, Microsoft's downloadable RDP, and even Parallel's 2XRDP.  None of them work and I keep getting the "connection refused" error.   

This same result occurs when switching over to Windows 7 in Parallels and trying to connect there.  But if I use my Windows 7 laptop I can connect, even when on the same home network as my Mac.

I'm lost because other attorneys in the firm can connect, but they are all running Mavericks.  I would prefer not going backwards with my operating system, especially since it looks like an upgraded OS may be forthcoming in the near future.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 23 June 2015 - 06:33 PM.
Moved from Mac O/S to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

I am assuming you're talking about accessing your file shares remotely and not Administrator management of the server itself. After the VPN is connected you are on the local lan just as you would be at the office. To access the file share go to run type in the the location of the share file IE: \\ServerName\ShareName Once you launch the app or exe it should launch a RDP window and you type in your AD username/password.

Edit: BTW this is the mac client for windows RDP. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18140

Edited by technonymous, 05 July 2015 - 10:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users