Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Anchorage, Alaska

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 990'FX'9590

990'FX'9590

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

Hello everyone! 

As many times as I've used BleepingComputer for solving my problems, I don't know why I never registered.  Now I have, and my name is Jim Daffron.  I'm 52 years old, and have been goofing with some form of computer or another since I bought my first Commodore VIC-20 new, when they first came out in the very late 70's or early 80's.  My user name kind of gives away one of what I use now. I've got a few laying around (not as nice), but it's all I've ever liked to do.  I'm not sure that I can ever be as helpful as the many of you that have posted answers in the forums which have helped me, but what I've learned, I've remembered, and applied myself more than once or twice with your knowledge, to help someone here.  Thank you.   I've found that the biggest problem with PC's here, is always in the locations people place them, not necessarily malware, drivers and such...  I keep finding that users are placing their PC's too close to the sides or on the floor of their igloos, and the heat of the PC causes the ice to melt, dripping all over the PC, or the PC melting a spot and sinking into the water, it seeping through the vent and fan holes, power supply.....   you believe that?  It's amazing... Anyhow, It's cool to have joined something, and be funny a bit...

:bananas:

Edited by 990'FX'9590, 23 June 2015 - 03:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

Hello everyone! 

As many times as I've used BleepingComputer for solving my problems, I don't know why I never registered.  Now I have, and my name is Jim Daffron.  I'm 52 years old, and have been goofing with some form of computer or another since I bought my first Commodore VIC-20 new, when they first came out in the very late 70's or early 80's.  My user name kind of gives away one of what I use now. I've got a few laying around (not as nice), but it's all I've ever liked to do.  I'm not sure that I can ever be as helpful as the many of you that have posted answers in the forums which have helped me, but what I've learned, I've remembered, and applied myself more than once or twice with your knowledge, to help someone here.  Thank you.   I've found that the biggest problem with PC's here, is always in the locations people place them, not necessarily malware, drivers and such...  I keep finding that users are placing their PC's too close to the sides or on the floor of their igloos, and the heat of the PC causes the ice to melt, dripping all over the PC, or the PC melting a spot and sinking into the water, it seeping through the vent and fan holes, power supply.....   you believe that?  It's amazing... Anyhow, It's cool to have joined something, and be funny a bit...

:bananas:

How does anyone keep their computer running there ????HAHAA!

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

I hope those same folks don't use wood stoves in their igloos.

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 firecat55

firecat55

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:02 AM

Welcome to the forums! I'm new too :)

~~oM3PK.gifXJa5k.gif~~

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

Jim:  Welcome.  Like you, I've been servicing PC's since before the IBM PC.  I have seen some very strange installations with even stranger problems.  The big, like you suggested, was the placement of desktops and even more odd, the peripherals in use and their placements.  One major client has all 5,000 PC's in roll around cubicles with security locks (security Torx screws) and the units have to be removed from the cubicles just to get the cases open, not a fun way to spend a day.  I do a once a year job for a client out of Kenai, actually only a week away.  Six days and a visit to each of the oil rigs in the bay and the remote pump site on the far side.  Pc's melting the ice in an igloo, that's a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users