Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clarification on some RAM info

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GmCity

GmCity

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:23 AM

I've managed to understand timings, speed, voltage, capacity etc, there's just two small things that I can't seem to find an answer for.

A little background before I get into the question:
I have 5 sticks of RAM and four slots (I'm recycling some old computers)
Three sticks of Hynix HMT125U6TFR8C-H9 (2GB PC3-10600U)
Two sticks of Hynix HMT325U6BFR8C-H9 (2GB PC3-10600U)
I know the timings will run at 9-9-9 @ 666 MHz, so they will work fine together if I use two of each (so there is two exact pairs) to give me 8.00GB RAM.  That's all fine and good.

The two things I can't seem to figure out are some extra info on the stickers that are on the physical sticks themselves:
1) The first three state "9-10-B0" while the other two state "9-10-A0" and I can't seem to find out what the A0/B0 stand for (Hex? A0=160. B0=176 ??)

2) The first three have an extra number "1105", and the other two have "1113" which I thought at first might be batch numbers, however the first three came from three different computers, and just happened to be the same model.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:31 AM

THIS IS A GUESS - Because these are stickers I am thinking they must be manufacture date numbers where the zero is a placeholder for a future letter-- Or maybe the month of manufacture date 10 - October 11 November

HEX   Decimal

A-      10          2010??

B-      11          2011??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users