Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

fbl_impressive Professional 10130 - Error 0x80246017

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

Anybody else having trouble with this update installing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:03 AM

I've had it installed since release without any issues.

What sort of error are you getting?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

I've been using that build for a few weeks, I think it is a wonderful build.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

I've had it installed since release without any issues.

What sort of error are you getting?

Is has something to do with Safe_boot. maybe because i have other Linux installs on my machine?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

We'll need a bit more please.

Can you copy it down word for word?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

Let me try to reinstall it today- and i will get back to you with the error message- although what i posted is most of it except for the Safe_Boot something!

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,009 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Let me try to reinstall it today- and i will get back to you with the error message- although what i posted is most of it except for the Safe_Boot something

I am dual booting my Build 10130 with Linux Mint 17.2, no problems.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:49 PM

I tried reinstalling the update- same error message-

#9 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:39 AM

i think i am going to wipe my Windows partition and reinstall Windows 7. Ever since I downloaded the tech preview I have had nothing but trouble with it. I will just wait until the Official Release and I may not even upgrade then until they get the bugs worked out of it. Now all my YouTube Videos are jerky and can't seem to get that fixed. It also will not upgrade to the latest build -- which is why I started this post. I've had it. I have a 600 gig drive that I will give Windows 7 about 100 gigs to, the rest will be divided between Linux Mint Mate 17.1 not 17.2 as that OS is broken-cannot launch any browser, or email client. and Ubuntu Studio64 as my present computer will be going back into my studio.For some reason I also like Haze,5.0 which I will install on part of a second drive .It is a nifty little OS and gooks and feels great!

I have a computer on layaway that I will have in about a month.It has Windows 8 on it and is an AIO Samsung.with touch screen.I know I digress a little from my OP,but we shall see what happens.No more Release candidates for me,and no more

Tech Previews. I am getting older every day and don't have the time for all of this C***! Paul

So- 1st drive Windows7/Linux Mint Mate17.1/Ubuntu Studio 64!

Second Drive Haze OS and a partition for backubs.

My old Dell 6100 laptop seems to do well with Zorin,Pearl,or Mageli,just loaded that one on a few days,and am liking it a lot. So there you have it! Paul

Edited by paul88ks, 26 June 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#10 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,009 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

With my system and a dual boot with Windows 10 build 10130 (which is the very latest at this time) and Linux Mint 17.2, both are very stable. Linux 17.2 has absolutely no problems, it is just a bit more efficient and stable than 17.1. And Windows 10 build 10130 is the best. It beats every other OS right now. You shouldn't try to force a bootleg build on your system, just take what Microsoft gives you. Build 10130 is great for every task that I throw at it. But for Linux, you really need 17.2 for a nice stable, fun OS. I just love what I have been doing with 17.2 and I can't see going back unless I changed flavors again for some reason.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#11 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:27 PM

With my system and a dual boot with Windows 10 build 10130 (which is the very latest at this time) and Linux Mint 17.2, both are very stable. Linux 17.2 has absolutely no problems, it is just a bit more efficient and stable than 17.1. And Windows 10 build 10130 is the best. It beats every other OS right now. You shouldn't try to force a bootleg build on your system, just take what Microsoft gives you. Build 10130 is great for every task that I throw at it. But for Linux, you really need 17.2 for a nice stable, fun OS. I just love what I have been doing with 17.2 and I can't see going back unless I changed flavors again for some reason.

Rocky- I am almost positive that this is an issue with my multi-boot machine.I downloaded 10130 last night and will try to install it manually.i will give it one last chance- as for Linux Mint Mate 17.2 - IT is the one giving me all the trouble - my browsers will not open, nor my email - and many other apps. Remember 17.2  "Rahfaela" is a Release Candidate and 'NOT STABLE" at this point. I never had these issues with 17.1 Quiana or Rebecca,and that is why I am reinstalling 17.1 Mate tonight.I booted over to 17.1 Cinnamon last night and it works fine.It is even a little faster than Mate.I should have all in order by the time the weekend is over .Happy 4th of July! We celebrate early here in Texas!

#12 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Anybody else having trouble with this update installing?

Humming along beautifully since its release day. :busy: 

HERE is the ISO instead of 'updating'.  And if you are on Fast Track, expect another Build soon.

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

Edited by Drew1903, 26 June 2015 - 10:43 PM.

#13 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

I was able to manually install the update by burning the .ISO to DVD. Somehow,after examining my hard drive,is seems that I have TWO Windows Bootloaders. I have no idea how that happened, and will not do anything to them as of yet, the first is a 100mg partition,labeled 'System Reserved".The second is the partition where Windows is actually installed. I suspected that it was something in the boot process,so,everytime I had to restart during the installation - 10130- i referred to the second partition to continue the operation.Since I have 4 partitions,and several extended partitions,I am pretty sure this was the issue! Windows 10 has a repreive from me for the moment!

As far as being on the Fast Track ,I am,but isn't the official Release Date July 29? I may as well just wait until then.I can't see them making that many major changes before that date.Probably just some revision and tweaking.

Does anyone know if any AV and Internet security companies are ready yet for the Win10 roll-out? I am still using WD and Win Firewall even though my ISP provides Macafee free of charge-Paul

Edited by paul88ks, 26 June 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#14 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 02:12 AM

I don't know if you want my recommendation or advice on this one, Paul.  It is stay w/ WD & WF.

But, one can expect the major players to be Windows 10 Ready by 29/7.

True, only just over 4 wks and, certainly, might be wrong but, I expect another Beta Build between now & the GA on the 29th.  One because I've heard it's coming (though that may be wrong) and I do know that internally, MS has been working w/ Build #s much higher than 10130.

That 100MB partition is always there, created by the OS, not a worry.  Sounds like you did it correctly.  And sounds like my pointing you @ the Build 10130 ISO went better than pulling it (10130) via WU, so that's kewl. 

Cheers,
Drew
th3_zpsfvtqya9n.jpg

Edited by Drew1903, 27 June 2015 - 02:13 AM.

#15 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,009 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2015 - 03:34 AM

Paul, to be honest I am having a little problem with Thunderbird mail in Linux 17.2. It is a very little problem because Thunderbird is able to send all of my messages, even the one's with attachments, and I am able to read all of my messages. The only thing is that the little green progress bar never seems to quite finish updating whatever it is that it is updating. It is a little annoying but it does not really interfere with my work flow. As for Windows 10, I think that a lot of the potential of Windows 10 is system dependent, so it will work differently for everybody. I hope you work out your bootloader issue so that you can enjoy the fun of beta testing and dual booting again. :thumbup2:

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users