Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pendrive having shortcut

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 NatalieGreen

NatalieGreen

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

Hii Everyone,

I have a problem in my laptop, whenever I insert a pendrive in my lappy it creates a shortcut of that USB and the files don't open.

If I open the shortcut and then put my file in it , the file opens, It is affecting my lappy as well as other's. Some of my friends laptop has got affected because of this issue and some pendrive have stopped working. It gets write protected and also got .dll error.

Please suggest me something as soon as possible. I would be greatful to you people. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Download and Run FlashDisinfector

You may have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.
  • Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
    Note: Some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warnings
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.
===

Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
===

How is the computer running now.

#3 NatalieGreen

NatalieGreen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:07 AM

I was busy with some work.

I will do asap and will report back to you.

I have question on this...

What will happen if I again insert the pendrive in my friend's laptop. Should It get infected again ?

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,241 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

What will happen if I again insert the pendrive in my friend's laptop. Should It get infected again ?

Not after you have cleaned your Pendrive.

Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.

#5 NatalieGreen

NatalieGreen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:06 AM

thanks for the info

#6 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,241 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users