Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Imput Message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 daisy123

daisy123

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

Hello to all my favorite computer geniuses! It's been some time but I'm back with another question. A few days ago my monitor's picture would enlarge then retract back to the normal size. Did this twice. Few hours later the monitor went black. Doesn't work at all - however the green light is lit on monitor. So, I borrowed another monitor and found that it worked fine. So, I guess my old monitor is junk? Now I am having trouble with this monitor. When we switch between different accounts and log on a little green and white box comes up on screen and says something like "no video imput" then just shuts down monitor. Will someone please so kind as to tell me what the heck I'm suppose to do other than throw it out the window. I tried to run a search among the discusssion and can't find anything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:39 AM

Since the other monitor worked fine, it's probably a bad monitor. If you don't want to chuck it out the window - you could use it to make a nice, geeky flower-planter! :thumbsup:

Otherwise I'd suggest taking it to a repair person to see if it's worth saving.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 daisy123

daisy123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

hello usasma- well, I have decided to just buy a new one. After shopping around they are not as expensive as I had thought. I figured the cost of someone looking at it would just about cover the cost of a new one. Thank you for the reply -- and as far as the planter goes I think I'd rather throw it out the window. :thumbsup:

#4 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

The signal that you are getting no video input, means there is nothing like no signal arriving at the input to the monitor. This could be due to the other monitor biting the bullet and put a big strain on the video card. If your computer has a built in video card thsi could turn into a problem. I would keep an eye on this error and if it keeps happening I would contact the manufacturer of the computer as where to best get your computer serviced by one of their qualified techs.

#5 daisy123

daisy123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Thor--I shall take this advice. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users