Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Macros for LibreOffice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aurel2015

Aurel2015

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

LibreOffice is an outstanding substitute for Microsoft 365.  The only thing that I dislike about it is that it does not have a macro function.  It is not the only office suite to miss this feature or to have an unworkable technique.

I remember the days of WordPerfect and OpenOffice (LibreOffice's previous incarnation) and those programs made macro creation easy.  When someone wants to do repetitive tasks, macros are the only reasonable approach.

Is there an add-on product that could solve that problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,990 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:08 PM

Hello and Welcome,

See this video

#3 Aurel2015

Aurel2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

Aurel2015 here,

Thank you very much for your extremely prompt and detailed answer.  Unfortunately...it is still cumbersome.  Is it possible to record a macro, always in the same location, and assign that location a keyboard shortcut (not used by any other function) say Alt + Ctl + A.

This way, I can create a macro, run it with the shortcut.  Then I can create another macro, which overwrites the first one and can still be run with the shortcut.

Thanks again for your patience and attention.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,990 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by recording a macro in the same location. As far as binding a key combination to a macro does this video solve your issue? It's for Ubuntu and Libre Office 3 but should be the same for Windows and 4.

#5 Aurel2015

Aurel2015
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:22 PM

I hope that I did not accidentally send my incomplete answer.

First of all thank you for solving my problem.  You were extremely efficient.

More important, you introduced me to a tremendous source, Yahoo.  I did not think that this would be a large source of instructional videos on a software product so little known in North America (too bad for us).  That was the real treasure of this interraction.

Again thank you...problem solved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users