Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Slow/Dead 99% of the time.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Matini

Matini

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

Hello, My internet has suddenly been crippled for more then a week now. I can't even download a 2mb file without it taking minutes(Which used to be nearly instant) I've checked every process there is no malware or virus which I was disapointed actually since it would have been easy to fix. I don't think it is a DDOS though I do play video games where players IPs can be seen, so I could have indirectly angered someone. Though I doubt it very much.

Make and model of computer:

How the computer is connected: Wired with WI-FI(connected to a android phone and a streaming stick)

Make and model of Router: NetGear WNR 2000v4, with a Motorola Surfboard modem( Given by ISP)

Approximate Distance From the router the PC is if its a wireless connection: 
Within the same small house

What type of internet you have: Broadband with Dynamic IP

Logs: http://pastebin.com/qhjKv66Y

I usually get 10mbps down 1 up but now I am getting 1 down 0.88 up

Edited by Matini, 22 June 2015 - 06:15 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:08 PM

Can you post the results from doing a tracert yahoo.com and SpeedTest

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Matini

Matini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

4453803398.pngUsually got 10 mbs on download and 1 on upload.

CSR2hy3.png 192.168.1.1 is my router, and I assume 10.67.80.1 to be my modem, zitomedia.net is my ISP.

Though its odd 10.67.80.1 would be my modem since I access my modem through 192.168.100.1

Edited by Matini, 23 June 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#4 Matini

Matini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:02 AM

05914cf7b9.png It got worse a bit more so I did a couple more tracerts.

6badcca723.png

dca09d35a2.png  This one is to AOL.com, it was cut off because it kept on going without hope.

435b9dda6c.png

5a040fb3fd.pngIt seemed to get bumpy, then calm down a fraction, then get bumpy connecting to reddit with firefox, which took 9 seconds.

Edited by Matini, 24 June 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#5 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

A modem is not a router and as such won't show in the hop count.

Appears your school is bridging their private network to yours.  That is what the 10.76.80.1 tells us.  It is a private ip address.

Looks like you have a internet routing problem. On two tracerts after zitomedia.com you have rr.com and on two you have he.com.  On one you adtn.com.  This indicates there are multiple paths connecting to zitomedia.come.

what is weird on one you go zitomedia then straight to google.  On another you go to a private ip (10.117.215.139)  [which I have seen but should not exist on the internet].

Appears your provider has some routing issues.

But that doesn't explain the 1mb download when you should be getting 10mb.  Since you are at a State College it would appear your only avenue it to complain to the schools IT department.

There is nothing here you can fix.

Edited by Wand3r3r, 24 June 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Matini

Matini
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:32 PM

School?  This is a home connection, It also turned out my ISP was just throttling my connection due to a new datacap.

State college is the server that provides the ping test, I live in a different city.

Edited by Matini, 25 June 2015 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users