Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC works but no screen not

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:32 PM

Hello,

I have a desktop that when I plug it to any screen doesn't display anything although I tested the RAM and HD and cleaned them

Board model is P5PE-VM

it has 1 GB of RAM and 500 GB of Hard

any suggestions ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:41 PM

hello,

i see that is an old socket 775 mobo I have a p5n-d myself, what video card are you using?

there are multiple prognosis for this...

did it just start  blacking out or has it been like that for a while?

i fully understand the angst associated with this, it is right up there with a TV not turning on or something.

Edited by synergy513, 22 June 2015 - 05:52 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

#3 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

hello,

i see that is an old socket 775 mobo I have a p5n-d myself, what video card are you using?

there are multiple prognosis for this...

did it just start  blacking out or has it been like that for a while?

i fully understand the angst associated with this, it is right up there with a TV not turning on or something.

I using the built in VGA port, actually this machine was given to me I don't know what happen prior this problem

#4 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:50 PM

ok, that is the onboard vga out. that uses system RAM from your motherboard. i would guestimate that it has probably had a card in it and it was removed, so now you need to go into BIOS and check settings there to disable pci output. sometimes it is called PEG. then save BIOS and reboot.

another path is to enter safe mode. that may supply some indications also.  typically safe mode is engaged by a firm tapping of the f8 key right at power up.

this happened to me a few weeks back. i was resurrecting an AMD system. it was a newer phenom though, and the onboard switched on automatically without the previous card being installed.  but the older BIOS edition like yours may need to be manually changed.

my p5n-d has no onboard vga out, so it is the card or none, kind of eliminates the guesswork.

if that doesn't get the display going, you can try a BIOS reset, simply remove the cmos battery for a time measured in a few minutes and put back in, that restores the BIOS values to original config.

Edited by synergy513, 22 June 2015 - 09:54 PM.

#5 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

ok, that is the onboard vga out. that uses system RAM from your motherboard. i would guestimate that it has probably had a card in it and it was removed, so now you need to go into BIOS and check settings there to disable pci output. sometimes it is called PEG. then save BIOS and reboot.

another path is to enter safe mode. that may supply some indications also.  typically safe mode is engaged by a firm tapping of the f8 key right at power up.

this happened to me a few weeks back. i was resurrecting an AMD system. it was a newer phenom though, and the onboard switched on automatically without the previous card being installed.  but the older BIOS edition like yours may need to be manually changed.

my p5n-d has no onboard vga out, so it is the card or none, kind of eliminates the guesswork.

if that doesn't get the display going, you can try a BIOS reset, simply remove the cmos battery for a time measured in a few minutes and put back in, that restores the BIOS values to original config.

I can't see anything on the screen, so I tried ti take of the small battery for a while then put it back didn't change anything.

I am now trying to find an video card to try the screen on and see  ...

#6 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:22 PM

could you get into  BIOS and check for settings there?  i think it is the f2 or del key that you press immediately after power up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users