Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Australian senate passes controversial anti-piracy, website-blocking laws

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

In the eyes of at least one intellectual property academic, the passing of controversial anti-piracy website-blocking legislation in the senate on Monday night represented "a very dark day for the internet in Australia".

But for the film and TV industry, which has been battling online piracy at record levels, it was a watershed moment. Finally they could seek a remedy in the courts to block access to sites offering their content for free.

The Copyright Amendment (Online Infringement) Bill 2015, introduced into parliament by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull in March to curb online piracy of film and TV shows, passed with the Coalition and Labor's support 37-13.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/australian-senate-passes-controversial-antipiracy-websiteblocking-laws-20150622-ghuorh.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

Anyone who lives in Oz would know this was all done for the Murdoch empire mate.

As soon as they started talking about this legislation i knew dam well it would be for uncle rupert.

Its also part of the IPA check list, very interesting read for anyone who cares to get angry at a Liberal. The LNP has already ticked a lot of things of this list hey!

https://ipa.org.au/publications/2080/be-like-gough-75-radical-ideas-to-transform-australia

Either way people will use PIA and just enable the DNS leaking protection, will iot be %100 probably not but atleast they wont be sniffing what im doing.

I use my VPN the second the PC turns on.

Stuff them and their Big Brother tactics i just cannot stand having someone watch my every move.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• Topic Starter

• 11,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

That's ok Game of thrones is finished for the season, So my Torrent client wont get any use till next year.

#4 firecat55

firecat55

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:21 AM

Yeah heard about this :/ very sad

~~oM3PK.gifXJa5k.gif~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users