Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unremovable Mysearchdial? What the...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Space Kitty

Space Kitty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

Hello, I am Space Kitty.
Since December last year my dad's laptop has been infected with MySearchDial (browser hijacker). Every time my mother removes it it pops back up again and even when it's supposed to be gone.... boom, it shows up again.

Since my dad took away the laptop due to it being virus-ridden and addictive (the viruses have been removed now) I would like some advice on how to keep it off of and if it does get on how to remove it from my Windows XP Dell Vostro 2000 PC.

Edited by boopme, 22 June 2015 - 07:44 PM.
mved to General security from MRL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

In many cases these issues are the result of unwanted toolbars, add-ons/plug-ins, and browser extensions which come bundled with other free software (often without the knowledge or consent of the user). They can be the source of various issues and problems to include adware, pop-up ads, browser hijacking which may change your home page/search engine, and cause user profile corruption.

As such they are generally classified as Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) and many of them can be removed from within its program group Uninstall shortcut in Start Menu > All Programs or by using Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel, so always check there first. With most adware/junkware it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. In most cases, using the uninstaller of the adware not only removes it more effectively, but it also restores many changed configuration settings.To learn more about PUPs and how you get them, please read: About those Toolbars and Add-ons - Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users