Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

4 monitor display power requirements.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 newagedavey11

newagedavey11

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

Hello to all,

I am currently running (4) monitors, all are different makes and models. I have them all set at the same resolution.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 5570 video card, with (1) gig of DDR3 memory. I use a i5 - 4670 CPU @ 3.4 Ghz-3401 Mhz with 4 cores, ASUS mother board, and 64 bit system.with 16 GB DDR 3.

My job requires me to be looking at a computer all day, and I think because of the different monitors my eyes are subject to a lot of undue strain.

I am going to purchase (4) Veiwsonic VA 2409 wide screen LED monitors, max. resolution of 1980 X 1024.

My question is will I be able to make use of maximum resolution of monitors with current Video card? I am  using a 4 way VGA connection adapter so I can use all (4) monitors off the (1) Video card. I would use the same set up for new monitors.

Your professional advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you for your time.

Newagedavey (A.K.A Dave Russell).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

This might be helpful

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/5000/5570

I'd also look at heat and total power required to do all of that.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:56 AM

It looks like that card supports:

• Integrated VGA output
  • Max resolution: 2048x15369

Off of the VGA output so it looks like you should be good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users