Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event ID: 7000 - SC0CLPT Service issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dj4761

dj4761

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

Hi there.  I have a Lenovo SL500 with XP Pro.  For quite a while, the laptop would take anywhere from 6 to 8 minutes to boot up completely.  I did all sorts of diagnostics, cleaning, antivirus, memory tests and replaced the hard drive with an sshd hoping that would help solve some of the boot time issues.

Long story short, I decided to check the event viewer for any possible issues and noted a few errors that would occur at startup.  I was able to fix all of the errors except one and now my boot up time is down to about 2 1/2 minutes.

I can't figure this one out:

The SC0CLPT service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the device specified.

How can I determine what device the system can't find so I can clear this error?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mike.Tech

Mike.Tech

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

http://www.runscanner.net/lib/SC0CLPT.SYS.html

http://www.herdprotect.com/sc0clpt.sys-3c5b66fb5fce1165a7adb3cc1f0ea0204276cbb0.aspx

If you want my advice, which doesn't neccessarily chime with the other guys here:

In the short term... Using, or used anything by Sharp? If so, sounds like a reinstall/repair of the program might help.

Otherwise, I would look in Administrative tools/services, to see if such entry exists and set to disable.

Copy the following into notepad and save with ".bat" as the file extention.

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
devmgmt.msc

Double click. When device manager  opens, select the view menu item, show hidden files. Extend 'non plug and play. See anything similar?

Edited by Mike.Tech, 22 June 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#3 dj4761

dj4761
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:53 PM

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.  I do have a Sharp copier/scanner but when I ran the .bat file, one of my HP printers shows a red x through it.  Can I assume this is what's causing the issue?

One other noob question.  I clicked the "runscanner" link which leads to the Uniblue site and, when I click the scan button, it wants to install a .exe file which Avast keeps blocking.  Can I presume it's safe to block my antivirus until I can dl the exe file? 

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,843 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

Do NOT run any scans...;that happen to be on a given webpage.  Most of those are totally unrelated to the text appearing on said webpage.

Louis

#5 Mike.Tech

Mike.Tech

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:26 AM

Louis is absolutely correct. Don't. Avast should be regarded correct no matter what you think. The link is not trustworthy. Forgive me for not pointing that out. I tried the download:server 500 error.

Yes, that Scanner sounds the problem. lpt in the name suggests printer port. Do you have the driver for it? if not, model?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users