Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Rebooting With No Seen Pattern!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ds5000

ds5000

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:59 AM

ive just been helped by you guys to remove some stubborn maleware... thanks to you guys ive been able to get passed that, the only thing now id this pesky rebooting of my computer. sometimes it takes 5 to 8 minutes and it will reboot, just last night it ran for 8 hours straight without rebooting, and it still is running! what is going on? everytime it reboots i get this error dialog box... first it says something to the effect that the computer just had a system error and the details explain this:

Error singature
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 82E19B6C BCP3 : F0699A68
BCP4 : 0000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

ive read it could be a RAM problem or a video driver problem. what is it? how can i fix it? any suggestions gretaly appreciate it! thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:24 AM

When I run a search for the whole error message I get two sites that will not open but theya re about something that was un-installed. Since you jsut went thru HijackThis and removed a lot of things from your computer and to be on the safe side I want you to run HijackThis again.

But before that I would like to know if you have the re-install software for your Windows and what version of the Windows you have?

I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.
A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.
Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

Read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/ Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 July 2006 - 09:22 AM

NOTE: If you've already submitted an HJT logfile for analysis - please do not act on the following links:

An outstanding resource for STOP errors:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Here's a direct link to the 0x8e error: http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x8e
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

ds5000,

I moved your HJT log to the appropriate forum.
Here, is the link:
ds5000's HJT Log

NOTE:
Please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might think someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users