Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wifi and My home internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Hey I've been having an issue lately, every time I turn on my computer or connect to the internet it connects me to my WIFI box that I have, I have it mainly for the xbox and people that want to use wifi around the house but my computer used to have its own "Connection" if you know what i mean? Like the connection looked like a little house haha and I used never have lag or delay issues because of it, but now whenever I turn on my computer or anything it automatically connects to my wifi. How could I change it back so that it connects to my actual internet? My internet is connectected from the wall straight to my computer. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:41 AM

So you must have both a ethernet (wired) and wireless adapter on the machine. If you right click on the networking icon by the clock> open network and file sharing, on the left>change adapter settings. right click on the Wireless adapter and select: disable.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#3 *Vegeta*

*Vegeta*
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

Wow I feel so dumb, haha thanks for that is there a a program I can use during gaming to minimize lag?

#4 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,653 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

you mean like network lag or latency?

Dont know of any software to improve it. Dont overload your own router/modem with many internet connected devices, dont download/upload torrents while gaming, dont stream media. You can probably expect poorer performance at peak times.

If you use cable then your on a node with other users, a couple of heavy users could drag the entire node down.  Make sure machine is malware free.

Theres really alot that can happen once the packets leave your modem and then its pretty much out of your hands.

#5 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,653 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users