Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express Email Attachments

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dcstim

dcstim

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

I am finally upgrading to a new PC and leaving the steam age behind!  I need to know if there is an easy way to find and copy all of the attachments that came with emails sent to Outlook Express.  I know the files are *.dbx but I wondered where the attachments were stored and if I could locate them all by searching for *.do, *.jpg etc?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 23 June 2015 - 03:29 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:29 PM

All emails using Outlook Express...are encoded.  You will only be able to separate attachments individuallly, after opening each email.

If you had saved the individual attachments somewhere else on your hard drive...then you would have been able to put them all in one folder.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users