Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fuzzy screen of static for Acer desktop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EliClutch

EliClutch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

Hello everyone, I/m have an issue with my Acer Aspire AST-180 desktop. When I turn the power on, a barely legible screen of fuzz and static pops up. While I am still able to use my keyboard (keys are still responsive), I can barely make out anything on the screen. This static affects everything, I can't even vew my PC on safe mode. What do I do? Is this a video card issue? I have attached pics of my PC and its screen at start-up. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions and thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  171.JPG   386.81KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  170.JPG   182.07KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  169.JPG   85.51KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:16 PM

If you have a Port at rear of motherboard { Onboard } try that and see what happens.

You can try with AGP card removed if you have one and check bios settings for Onboard setting.

Or try another Monitor or TV to eliminate the current Monitor if its faulty.

Or Post Image of Rear of PC for us to view.

#3 EliClutch

EliClutch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

Here are photos of the rear of the PC and monitor. I've already tried connecting the PC to another monitor, but to similar results. I don't think I have another port at the rear of the motherboard. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:59 PM

So from photos you are using onboard video , { No video card }.

Try another Video cable and test , and check all Pins are not damaged or bent also.

If that still fails:

Seeing as you cant do much at the moment i would suggest if you havent allready , save all you personal files etc from the Hdrive.

You can do this by connecting the drive to a working computer as a slave drive , you may have to boot from a linux distro { i use knoppix }

and retrieve what you can or require , by just finding them and copy and paste them to a location on that PC.

As this may be a Motherboard issue with graphics chip being faulty , you can either recheck all cables within PC firstly to being secure.

Then see if you can enter the Bios and see if that display is clear or not , if not then possible Mobo failure and replacement required.

#5 EliClutch

EliClutch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:51 PM

Thanks a lot, I'll test my PC with a new cable and hope for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users