Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Using Panda Activescan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:45 AM

I want to check if my computer is clean from malware and someone provided a link to use panda active scan, the first time I scanned my computer it worked fine, however I closed the internet explorer because I did not have time to scan my entire computer. When the second time I tried to use the active scan again, my internet explorer seemed to stuck on choosing which place to scan, eg files or a certain disk. My internet explorer also showed that the page is done but with error.

can anyone help with this?

panda activescan does not support firefox.

I need help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 07:17 AM

try resetting your Internet Explorer to default values, then dl install and run this small app>>>
dl this here>> http://www.stevengould.org/software/cleanup/

to reset ie
from internet explorer--
tools>internet options>advanced>click on "reset to defaults", then select apply onbottom>
select "programs" tab >click on "reset web settings" the hit apply>
select "privacy" tab>click on default, then apply>
select "security" tab>highlight the "internet" icon>then select "default">highlight "local internet" icon>then select default>highlght "trusted sites" icon then click default>select "restricted sites" icon>click default, then apply
select "general" tab>click on "delete cookies", yes to delete all cookies>then select "delete files">select delete all offline content and select ok.>click on "settings">then "view objects", this will show you active x controls installed in your computer, check under status, right click and delete any that say "damaged" or "unknown".
then close that page, click on "ok". up top where it says "address", you can change your home page to whatever you want, i use www.google.ca for most people.
Your Internet explorer is now reset to default values.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 09 July 2006 - 12:47 AM

orite thanx, ill try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users